Monday, January 4, 2010

Discipline

Yes, I am working on updating this thing often. Only third one of course, but closer dates! Anyways, I have decided on the destiny of this blog. I will try my hardest to avoid making this a diary, especially considering its public, but I will blog about my experiences as I live such a life as this at the ripe age of 18. And advice will be offered to those who ask. I'd like to think that I am good at that. Regardless, I want to be as real as I can be with every reader who scrolls around on my page.

So...

It isn't easy being young and telling people that I will soon be married
It also isn't easy being a christian philosophy student
And it is especially not easy being a christian at all
But what good would an easy life do anyone? We all can say "oh I'm so glad that year is over, I went through so much" We all did. We all lived life, and whether it is fun, a breeze or challenging it is beautiful. Sometimes I will still my mind and think of only this: I exist. I remember the first time I really thought about this in high school. I was sitting in a classroom and for a brief moment, it hit me. I am a person who exists and interacts with other people who exists. I have an impact on the people around me. I can walk, talk, breath, and think. Does this put anyone else in awe? What if my mother and father had never met, or married, or even decided they wanted a second child and tried when they did. They weren't perfect for each other and gave it a good 14 years before they called it quits, but they tried and I came out of that attempt. And the fact that I have experienced the relationships, challenges , tragedies, and joys that I have is what has truly orchestrated who I am today. Now I believe firmly that God works together all things for the good of those who love Him. Pertaining to that I sometimes wonder why me? How did I start loving Him? And why did he even love us first?
I long to be the kind of person who can really learn from every experience and do so without complaint. Maybe this blog will help me remember the lessons I learn in the very adventurous years I am embarking on for what is ahead is truly fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment