Saturday, March 6, 2010

700 Orphans

Tomorrow morning, it's go time. We're flying out of Dallas at 2:15 and headed for miami for a lay-over and then on to the Dominican. The Dominican-Haitian border has business hours...so we'll be spending sunday night in the Dominican then driving to Danita's Children Orphanage (click on the blog title!) 2 hours through the border into Haiti. Yes...700 orphans. We just found that out from our friend Daniella yesterday. I don't think I have ever seen that many kids in one place (save public school). Daniella's dad just got back a few days ago and is going again with us tomorrow. He told us a bit about how they were able to air-vac some amputee orphans out for treatment. I can't believe the trip is already here! I just wanted to update you really quick before we leave. I wont even be taking my laptop with me to haiti but after I get back I'll do a long post with some pictures. There's some other things about my philosophy classes I wanted to blog about too, so be prepared for some updates!

Pray for us!
Actually here's some things you can specifically pray about:
-Safe travels
-Flexibility, in case things don't go as planned
-Strong spirits and courage. The Voodoo is everywhere and there could be a lot of spiritual warfare
-That God would break our hearts for the children in this orphanage
-Lice! We will be sleeping with the kids for two nights and though it wouldn't be the end of the world, it would still be a nuisance
-The power of the gospel to be shown through us

Can't wait to tell you how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. praying! love you! so excited to see the pictures and hear the stories

    ReplyDelete