Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back in Business!

I leave for Haiti in just under two weeks, during my spring break. I am THRILLED! It has been a while since I've taken the time to actually GO somewhere and help people through their trials. It will be a really great experience.

UPDATE!

It's been a veeerrrryy long time since I last blogged, over a month. I have so many thoughts and feelings running through me, and as I listen to this song (I Will Bow- Enter the Worship Circle) it all comes down to one thing: my faith. What do I have faith in? What is it's strength? What is its worth? For several days now I have been wrestling with God as Jacob does before crossing a river. To be honest I don't know when this will end or what river I will cross when its over, but this struggle has been significant for me. No longer am I able to get by with the knowledge of the God of the Bible that I already had. Everyday that passes I feel like there is a new and difficult question growing inside of me that I don't have the answer to. This isn't bad, this is just hard. My hope is that the Lord will bring me out of this struggle with greater strength, greater faith, and a greater love for Him, the things of Heaven and the people of this earth. Some days I don't know what I believe, and other days I think "How could I not?" I've seen and heard so much of the Lord's goodness and the reality of His presence, but how easy is it to forget all this when I encounter challenging mysterious things. Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD! (psalm 27:14) I guess that that is all that I can do. I can wait on Him to reveal Himself to me in His timing while He molds me through the fire. Meanwhile, I will continue to bow before my King, whether I see him, feel him, or hear him in these days. He is big enough to consume my doubt and give me understanding and the strength to believe.

On a lighter note, my facebook fast has been wonderful thus far. I feel like everyone should try it, for at least a few days. It's been approximately 36 days since I last logged on and I seriously have hardly missed it. Occasionally Brent will show me something on his page, but I haven't stepped a virtual foot onto my own sight or even snooped for the sake of snooping. Only about 80 days left! I can do it! (You can do it too, Sydney!!)

Well anyways, I'm back to blogging. Sorry for such a long absence. For those interested in the status of our wedding plans:
I have my dress!
We have our location!
We have our caterer!
We have our DJ!
We have our cake!
We have our wedding party!
We ALMOST have a final guest list!
Invitations are being made!
Engagement pictures have been taken and posted! (kellyhornberger.com/blog posted about 2 weeks ago)
We have a florist scheduled and tables and linens and decorations and all kinds of ideas!
So everything is going really well!


Here are the lyrics of the song I was listening to and mentioned above:
I Will Bow

Two things have I heard from the word that You have spoken
You oh God are strong, You oh God are loving
I will not be shaken

I will bow, I will Bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow

One thing will I seek
You and You alone
I don't have to fear, I know You are here
I will not be moved

I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground


I am pouring out my heart to You oh God
I am weak, You are strong
I am putting all my hope in You oh God
In You and to You and for You alone
I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow, I will bow
Lift my eyes up from the ashes with my knees on the ground
I will bow, I will bow, I will bow

2 comments:

  1. So I am unbelievably excited for your trip to Haiti, and will definitely be keeping said trip in me prayers. Maybe it will even bring about some answers to those questions? (i.e faith)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks megan! I can't wait to go and then to tell you guys all about it. Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete